Snowblower Engine Problem

Old 01-20-03, 10:44 AM
renoartist
Visiting Guest
Question snowblower mastercraft 5.1

Can someone help me!! I havetrouble keeping my snowblower running. It starts then runs for a couple of seconds then dies, it smells like gas . Can you please tell me how to adjust the carburator?

Thanks,

Old 01-20-03, 10:58 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Engine type? Make?

You likely have trash in the carburetor. Take off the bowl and clean all the passages carefully with carburetor cleaner and a pin. My bet is you'll find junk in there.

Do you store it season to season without draining the fuel or using a stabilizer?

Old 01-20-03, 11:11 AM
renoartist
Visiting Guest
Question reply

The make is mastercraft 5.1. I donot know ho wit was stored i bought it at a secondhand store a couple of weeks ago. I will try cleaning the carburetor. where can i get a diagram of a snowblower engine?

Thanks

Old 01-20-03, 02:34 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Mastercraft makes the machine, not the engine. Tecumseh or Briggs and Stratton makes the engine.

Contact either company with the #s you find on the engine (it is most likely a Tecumseh) and they should be able to send you a diagram of the engine.

Should be able to find the bowl and the center bolt, whip it off and clean it out. Put it back and give it a whirl. Tell us what it nets you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: