Carborator

Old 01-30-03, 01:27 PM
slade
Visiting Guest
Carborator

On the bottom of the carborator bowl belonging to my 10hp. tecumseh snowking snowblower,there's some kind of a nut,and bolt,it can turn quite freely by hand,can someone tell me if this is an adjustment,and what it is supposed to adjust,it's about 2" long,and protrudes right from the bottom of the bowl.Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-03, 04:55 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I believe you are referring to the carburetor bowl drain.

Old 01-30-03, 07:23 PM
slade
Visiting Guest
Thanks Joe.

Old 01-30-03, 11:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello slade!

What you are describing is the bowl screw. What looks like a nut is actually the head of a screw/bolt that holds the bowl on. The screw that runs up through the middle of it is the high-speed mixture screw. This is an adjustment.

Are you having trouble with it? To adjust the high-speed mixture screw, run the engine at full rpm. Turn the screw in as if tightening it until the engine begins to run rough or stall, then back it out 1 to 2 full turns. (wherever it runs best).

Old 01-31-03, 07:39 AM
slade
Visiting Guest
High-speed mixture screw.

Thanks again cheese.I did what you discribed in your message,and it really made a difference.My machine is purring like a kitten.This sure is a great web site.It's the best I've been able to find for finding advice on problems such as mine.Thanks again.I really appreciate.I hope I don't wear out my welcome here,I'm always looking for advise on something.

Old 02-01-03, 12:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
No problem! You won't wear out your welcome! Stick around if you like. That adjustment you just made may have helped cure your flames coming out of the exhaust too.

Take care!

Old 02-01-03, 07:33 AM
slade
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Thanks again cheese.I was just curious about what that high mix adjustment screw was,ever since I tightened everything on the carborator,and replaced the missing bold,everything seems to be just fine,no more flames,so far,so good.