Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Carb Problem

Visiting Guest

02-03-03, 06:25 PM   #1  
Bald Eagle
Onan Engines

I have a Miller welding machine powered by an Onan engine. I have been having trouble with the engine intermittently backfiring and popping. It starts good and idles OK but about every minute or so it starts to run very rough and sometimes almost quits. At these times it always backfires.

Is this type of problem usually carburetor related or ignition related?

I have been trying to find Onan engine information on the internet without much success. I would like to know more about this engine and I would like to find specs. and parts identification but I can't seem to find anything like that. Can you folks provide any information and any links to Onan engine sites?

Thanks, Bald Eagle

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-03-03, 06:53 PM   #2  
Hello Bald Eagle!

I don't know of any Onan sites on the web.

By the description you gave, it sounds like your carburetor needs adjustment or maybe cleaning and rebuilding. I think it may be running a bit too lean.

Let us know if that helps!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

02-05-03, 05:53 AM   #3  
J A Boggan
There is another forum...Presion Engine Repair...that have a lot of Onan questions on it. They have several Onan experts in that forum. The web site is at http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/5624/index.cgi . I feel that they could really help you.

Search this Thread