wrong gas mixture used

Old 02-05-03, 05:03 AM
Deweydoggg
Visiting Guest
Angry wrong gas mixture used

Reg. unleaded gas was run through my 2 cylce engine snowblower, and it quit running. Is the motor now completly shot or is their something I can do at home without alot of repair costs? I have minimal experiance in this, but I enjoy tinckering with projects.
Thanks for your help, anyone.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-03, 06:05 AM
J A Boggan
Visiting Guest
Are you saying that you ran it without oil? If so, is the engine seized up? If it is, I would take the engine apart and look at the piston and cylinder closely. If the cylinder is scored up bad...it may not be economical to repair.

Old 02-05-03, 07:08 AM
Deweydoggg
Visiting Guest
Yes the gas the person used did not have oil mixed into it and I do believed the engine siezed up. I take it apart and check the piston. Thanks

Old 02-11-03, 01:45 PM
MikeMoore
Visiting Guest
Fix it!

Most of the time you will scare the cylinder and lock your rings up with no oil in your gas. Try this before tearing your engine apart; remove spark plug. Fill cylinder with 2-cycle or kerosene. Install spark plug. Allow to set for minimum of two days. Remove recoil and spark plug. Apply wrench to flywheel nut. Turn very slowly; after kerosene has ran out of cylinder fill with 2-cycle gas. continue to turn flywheel until piston moves freely. If you have a chrome cylinder this should correct the problem. This works for me at a inimum expense.

Old 02-13-03, 09:00 AM
Deweydoggg
Visiting Guest
Thanks I'll give it a shot.