Starting Problem

Old 02-07-03, 04:43 PM
ripperdog3
Visiting Guest
honda power washer

i have a honda power washer 5.0 hp the last time i used it was in the spring last year and when i put it up i filled the tank up with gas and added a fuel stabilizer per instrustions. now i went to start it today and it would not start. should i try draining the tank and putting fresh gas in or what?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-03, 07:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Ripperdog3!

First, make sure you have spark at the plug.

If so, drop a few drops of gas into the spark plug hole and try to start. If it runs for a second and dies, then remove the carburetor and clean it well.

Let us know what you find!

Old 02-09-03, 01:53 PM
ripperdog3
Visiting Guest
i sprayed starting fluid in the carb and it started but cut right off does that mean that it is a carb. problem

Old 02-09-03, 02:25 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Yes, it is running on what is in the chamber and dying out. Dirty or misadjusted carburetor as Cheese pointed out.

Old 02-10-03, 04:53 PM
ripperdog3
Visiting Guest
that's what i thought so i am soaking in carb. cleaner, will try to get it back on and try to get it running in a couple of days, will keep u up to date. thanks

Old 02-11-03, 02:15 PM
ripperdog3
Visiting Guest
good news took carb. out of soak today blew it out real good put it back together and back on power washer , filled tank with new gas fired right up purring like a kitten, washed my four wheeler then put stabilizer in tank and crossed my fingers hope it fire up next time. thanks for all the help from everyone

Old 02-12-03, 12:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Good Job! Glad we could help!

Search this Thread