Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Self propeller don,t work

Visiting Guest

02-24-03, 06:41 AM   #1  
Guillermo velas
Self propeller don,t work

Hello again, I have a snapper lawnmower that the selfpropeller sometimes work and sometimes don't work. I think is one of the pulley or is the belt itself can you tell me which one of this one can go wrong thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-24-03, 09:00 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Model #? Age of equipment?

02-24-03, 09:29 AM   #3  
Check the drive disk...Snapper is infamous for the drive discs wearing out...When I worked for a company that distributed Snapper, the drive disc was our most common part shipped. It is possible that your mower has both a "drive disc" and a "driven disc" You will have to take a model and possibly a serial number to your dealer.

On a second note, I have a self propelled Snapper mower...the "Anniversary Classic"...What a fantastic machine!!!

Visiting Guest

02-25-03, 10:47 AM   #4  
MrWrench
We really need to know the model number of the machine to be sure. Snapper has had the same very simple self propell design for as long as I can rememeber. Usually there is an easy quick fix.
Drive belt, idler tension spring, worn drive disc, or improperly adjusted spring on engagement cable ( spring under black sheath).
Josh

Visiting Guest

02-25-03, 12:42 PM   #5  
Joe_F
I'd bet this is a similar setup to my Murray/Sears snowblower with the disc for speeds .

Search this Thread