continental engine replacement

Old 02-24-03, 10:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
continental engine replacement

I am looking to replace an engine in a Toro Groundmaster 325D. It has a 3cyl continental diesel (peugeot) and I am wondering if a Daihatsu/Briggs 3cyl diesel or a yanmar 3 cyl diesel will fit this machine.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

The machine is not where I can look at it...it's out of state. I just wonder if these engines have common mounting holes and brackets and are interchangeable with little difficulty.

Tall order, I know...but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-03, 03:37 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Cheese:

Any way to repair the original? I am going to go through this same quandary on my edger----I will probably put a Tec on it and I know there will be gazorches with trying to hook things up.

Have you also tried contacting the companies that make the replacing engines to see if they can answer that for you?

I'll look, but I do not recollect any information at work on Continental.

I did find some informaton on Clinton engines that Mike Merritt was looking for. Cough, cough, cough, what a dusty old book. LOL.

Old 02-25-03, 10:43 AM
MrWrench
Visiting Guest
Cheese, try contacting Toro at the factory. We run into the same problems of upgrading to newer engines on the bigger Gravely Promasters. The guys at the factory are usually pretty helpful.
Josh

Old 02-25-03, 07:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Joe,

The engine may be repairable, but...
The customer wants a new one, and is not pleased with continental....(I don't blame him...I'm not either). Apparently they build a good aircraft engine, but the mower engines don't impress me.

MrWrench:

I guess I'll give it a shot, but Toro is not very helpful to non-dealers. (I am not and never plan to be a toro dealer). I have known them to even refuse to sell parts to a non-dealer. They say that they do this to help their dealers out. I say that's another reason not to buy one. A product is no better than the company and service behind it. I guess all they can do is say no, huh?