Carburetor Question

Old 03-14-03, 12:40 PM
briggs carb

i recently took a carburator off an old briggs and stratton engine model number 80232 type 0508-02. When i took the varb off the block this spiral shaped metal thing came out and the throttle plate wasnt attached and the choke you pull at the end is really loose. How do i get the throttle plate back on since its a long was down the carb and what is the spiral thing. Thanks Curtis Harrison

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-03, 03:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Butterfingers!

The spiral just pushes back into place. You will see places in the carb bore where it fits. The throttle plate will slip in before you put the spiral in. It is held in place with a small screw. If it is gone, you will need to remove the head to get it out of the engine. Use a pencil stuck into the small screw hole to insert the throttle plate back into the carb.

Let us know how it goes!

Old 03-19-03, 06:10 PM
Using a pencil to put the carb back together worked great. I found the screw and put it all back togeather and put the spiral thing in but the choke you pull out is very loose. I dont really see anywhere to take it out either. Thanks

Old 03-20-03, 12:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If this carb has the barrel type of choke that pulls out of the end, I don't know of any way to tighten it up other than maybe using a small punch to peen the edge of the carb to push some metal closer to the choke barrel. If you do this, be careful not to break the carb.

Search this Thread