looking for a specific push mower?!

Old 03-22-03, 07:44 PM
rehtaeh
Visiting Guest
looking for a specific push mower?!

I am about 5'1" tall, have bad shoulders, cannot pull start most mowers, and am in search of a lightweight, easy -to-push, adustable lawn-mower, font-throw style. AND, as if this list isn't enough, I need anywhere from about 7-10 blades should be sufficient. Years ago, I had a friend with one, and it seemed the blades just whirredwhirred. I also seem to recall that it may have been made iin or around gGermany? Does any one either a)know what I am talking about? or b) know where I can find one? I am located in the southern california high desert. Any response would just tickle me. You see, only a handful of people, if that, have grass out here, let alone a beautiful lawn to tend to.

Old 03-23-03, 04:11 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What you are looking for is similar to what Toro used to make back in the 50's and 60's. They made a self-propelled reel mower that cut grass better than anything made. Don't know if they are still made anywhere.
Do a search on Google.com for powered reel mowers.
fred

Old 03-23-03, 07:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
I don't know of any front discharge push mowers made recently. I will copy this thread to the small engine forum as well so that maybe someone there can add a reply. 2-stroke mowers, when well tuned, are generally very easy to start. The fly-mo mowers have 2-stroke engines, and are really easy to push because they have no wheels. They hover on air. Being in the desert though, you may have too much loose sand in the yard to use this kind of mower.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: