Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engine wont start

Visiting Guest

03-29-03, 09:11 AM   #1  
FenderJazz
Engine wont start

I cannot get my snapper riding mower to crank. Last year it would crank on the first pull everytime. At the fall I drained the gas, blah blah blah. This spring it simply would not fire. I put in fresh gas, cleaned the oxi-due off the fly-wheel and coil, plug looks fine, but still no fire. It is a 1971 7 h.p. B&S. I put it in the truck to take it up to the local repair guy and he just shook his head and said it was too old and he would require $100 minimum bench fee to look at it and continued on to tell me that I needed to install an electronic ignition which he would be more than willing to sell me. I bought a used unit from him, went home and put it on. First pull it fired right up for 3-5 seconds, cut off and hasnt come close to firing again. My arm is sore, I am tired, and my grass is getting taller as I type.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-29-03, 06:15 PM   #2  
FenderJazz
Nevermind...........I just torched the xxxxxx mower. A man can only take so much before he must punish the inanimate object that tortures his very soul. Sorry..............

It did, however, make a cozy little pyro display to enjoy from the back deck of the house as I pondered which neighborhood boy will now cut my lawn for the least amount of money. Thanks anyway to whomever considered replying. Feel free to delete now.

Last edited by cheese; 03-30-03 at 07:01 PM.

Search this Thread