Deck Removal

Old 03-29-03, 10:17 PM
Deck Removal

I have this Yard Machines 16hp lawn tractor i bought new last year.In the manuel it does'nt show how to remove the mower deck.I removed it once last year and had a hell of a time getting it back on, there was a spring on the back of it that i could barely get reattached because it was so stiff. After that i just started to manhandle it by tipping it on it's backside to clean the underside and keep blades sharp.Well i just recently hurt my back working on a car and need to figure out an easier way to maintain that deck.Could anybody tell me how to do this?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-03, 04:50 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: romod

May not be the best or only possible method but may be worth a try. Use automotive portable ramps.

These steel ramps are those type a car's front or rear wheels can be drive up onto so the underside of the vehicle can be worked on safely. They are available at most automotive parts stores.

The other resident small engine service and repair professionals may offer additional suggestions and advice.

Check back on your topic several times over the next few days for additional replies.

Regards & Good Luck. Tom_B. Web Site Host & Small Engine Forum Moderator. "Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Old 03-30-03, 06:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Good idea with the ramps...also could use a comealong attatched securely to pick it up. The hook fits nicely in the attatchment hole at the rear of the mower.