Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engine Starting Problem

Visiting Guest

03-30-03, 03:57 PM   #1  
noah98
Not getting gas on mower?

I have a 16 hp ohv b and s. It turns over but will not run. I seems like it is not getting gas. I can take the line loose and it runs out freely, and I can pour gas into the carb and it will run until the gas is used. Any ideas? Do I need a carb kit? Or am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus

CAL

03-30-03, 04:25 PM   #2  
Carburetor Problem

Hello and Welcome noah98 to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site and our Small Engine forum.

Based on the information you provided, there is every indication the carb is gummed up.

It will have to be carefully removed, disassembled, cleaned out, reassembled and reinstalled exactly as it currently is. A new carb rebuilding kit is most likely going to have to be installed.

Small engine repair parts are available at all local small engine repair shops and or lawn mower repair shops. They are listed in the phone book directory in every town.

Regards & Good Luck. Tom_B. Web Site Host & Small Engine Forum Moderator. "Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-30-03, 06:06 PM   #3  
I agree..you have a problem in the carb. Does this carb have a solenoid on the bottom of it? If it does, make sure it has power to it when cranking. If it has power, remove it to be sure the needle is actually engaging when the key is turned on. The body of the solenoid must be touching bare metal on the engine to engage when the key is turned on to test it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread