Another Joe success story :)


Old 04-01-03, 09:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up Another Joe success story :)

Was out for a walk the other night and noticed this yard blower winking out at me after being tossed.

It must have had "SAVE ME!" written on it, because I grabbed it and took it home.

I plugged it in and to my suprise, it worked, but only on one speed.

The next day, I took it apart and found that the ball bearing on the speed switch which clicks at each speed was jammed. I simply removed the ball bearing. Aside from the "clicks" missing at each speed, I now have one working #257.796351 Sears/Craftsman yard blower. (well my grandfather does--- I gave it to him ).

Total cost: $0 and a hour's worth of time.

The satisfaction of fixing it yourself and giving something a second life---Priceless .
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-03, 03:48 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Success part 2!

Thanks to what I've learned in this forum, I got my sister's 1999 6.0 Toro Mulcher mower going again by cleaning out the carburetor and line! It wouldn't stay running worth a wooden nickel!

As an aside, we are going to get 8" of snow out here in NYC (yes, in April), so my 1965 "Murray" (Sears) will really get a workout! LOL.

Mike, I'll keep you posted!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes