Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

chain saw

Visiting Guest

04-05-03, 09:32 AM   #1  
hillbilly
chain saw

I have a Mac 3200 chain saw which I have used this spring but I couldn't start it on Friday. It seems to not be getting any fire to the spark plug. I have not pull the flywheel off and don't know if it has points in it or not. I have not been able to find this out. If there are points whould the coil be bad or what else could be wrong. Thanks Bill

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-05-03, 05:55 PM   #2  
Hello Scamper!

Try disconnecting the kill switch, if still no spark, trace the kill wire to the coil to be sure it is not shorted. If the coil has a wire going under the flywheel, it has points....if no wire under it, no points.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

04-05-03, 06:11 PM   #3  
hillbilly
chain saw

It has no points, I went ahead and pulled the flywheel off to see
and had already checked the kill switch. I never had a coil go bad before but there is a first time for everything, I would have already ordered one but I hadn't been able to find one. Thanks Bill

Visiting Guest

04-07-03, 05:34 PM   #4  
Bishop
Ignition Coil

I just ordered an ignition coil for my ECHO chain saw, I had the same problem with it was running fine, shut it off for about 30 minutes, it would not restart. I could not find spark at any point, with all testing. The new coil cost $57, I hate to spend that much on a 11 year old chain saw, but it is an ECHO that cost $300 new. I could buy a new chain saw for about $100, but this ECHO has been so good to me over the years. I'll know about the quality of ECHO if nothing else happens for several more years, again.

Visiting Guest

04-07-03, 05:42 PM   #5  
Bishop
MAC parts

Re: Mc Culloch chain saw parts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ COPE Bulletin Board ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Bud Schroeder on December 07, 1999 at 04:15:05:From:

In Reply to: Mc Culloch chain saw parts posted by Gary Seymour on December 04, 1999 at 10:44:02:

: Gary,

Contact me for all your McCulloch part needs.

Bud

(714) 897-5901 or [email protected]

Visiting Guest

04-07-03, 06:06 PM   #6  
hillbilly
chainsaw

Thanks BIshop I will try the address you gave me and see if he still has McCulloch parts. I did find a place in New York that has a coil, but they want you to order by e-mail and send your card number in two seperate e-mails. You can also send a check but will take 2 to 3 weeks for the check to clear. If I can't find one someplace I guess I will send a check and wait. Thanks again.
Bill

Search this Thread