Gas Backpack Blower Question

Old 04-06-03, 05:38 AM
DieselNut
Visiting Guest
Gas Backpack Blower Question

Hello everyone....Im about to purchase a Husqvarna 145bt (consumers gave great rating).....question is...the hand held unit I have currently is 205/mph 410 cfm, I have a large area and my arms get fatigued, the Husqvarna is rated at 175mph 589cfm [email protected], Im not sure the "at housing cfm" on my current model..and wanna know if this is a step down by buying the husqvarna. As far as power goes, I do know its 58cc vs 25cc on the handheld, but air output is what concerns me, anyone experience these issues?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-03, 10:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello DieselNut!

What brand is the other blower? You may need to call the company to find out, as different manufacturer's rate their machines different ways, and most of them are rated at the highest possible rating, under perfect conditions, at peak performance, which is rarely encountered.

I am going to move this thread to the small engines forum, where pros in the field will be more likely to see it.

Old 04-07-03, 04:08 AM
DieselNut
Visiting Guest
Current model is this one

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...id=07179734000

the NEW one Im purchasing is this one, Hope Ill see a good differnce.

http://www.russopower.com/cart/produ...ource=overture

Thanks

Old 04-07-03, 08:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The site listed shows the Husquavarna blower at 195 mph velocity, but the cfm is impressive. The velocity is only 10mph lower, but it will seem like more, because you will be moving such large amounts of air. Think of the difference between a 205mph wing through a drinking straw compared to a 195mph wind through a 4"pipe. A high volume of air moving at a certain speed will do much more than a small volume of air at the same speed.

I do not know how the craftsman is rated...at the housing or not, but there is a 1-800# to call for further questions on the sears site you showed.

Old 04-08-03, 09:04 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The Craftsman one is likely a Poulan (358 model series), so you might use that as a help in your comparison.