Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Murray 38615B rider

Visiting Guest

04-12-03, 11:33 AM   #1  
cuffs054
Murray 38615B rider

If anyone has an owners manual for the above I would be happy to buy it or pay to have it copied! I've got the parts list but not the owners manual.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-12-03, 07:03 PM   #2  
J A Boggan
Cuffs,
Go to http://www.murray.com/ , click on "services and support" then click on "owner's manual" and put in your model number. Are you certain the model # is correct?

Visiting Guest

04-13-03, 09:32 AM   #3  
cuffs054
Jaboggan,
Thanks for the reply. Yep # is correct, it's an oldy (and lately not much of a goody!). I've tried Murray. All they had left was parts list.

Visiting Guest

04-13-03, 02:53 PM   #4  
Fisher
What do you need to know? The owners manuals are not
all that helpful anyway.
fish

Visiting Guest

04-14-03, 04:03 PM   #5  
cuffs054
Fish, I'm just a geek! I like to know what to lube and when and the best setting for cutting, etc. While all my friends were reading comic books, growing up, I read owners mans! (Still do)

Visiting Guest

04-15-03, 05:52 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Murray is a tough company to deal with.

Call up and ask for Technical Services. Try to get a guy named David Wilson there. The # is 1-800-251-8007.

They told me the same thing on my 1965 Craftsman snowblower (which is Murray made), "too old".

I got an e-mail from David two days later and what do you know, after me being VERY persistent, they located the "last known owner's manual for your 536.82231 Sears snowblower".

3 days later I had a photocopy in my hand. Persistence wins once again.

Visiting Guest

04-15-03, 10:01 AM   #7  
cuffs054
O.K., it just keeps getting better.
When I inherited the mower, it had just been serviced and was full on oil.
After a couple of uses I checked dip stick and it showed way OVER filled(I, of course, ignored it!). Last time I used it, I checked dip stick and there was NO oil in it(since I was done, I ignored that also!). This AM on a whim I pulled dip stick again, WAY over filled. Stuff on stick looks like oil and smells like oil and I don't see any unusual change in gas level.
Engine is 12.5 hp Tecumsha (sp) anybody got any ideas?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-15-03, 08:46 PM   #8  
Are you removing the dipstick, wiping it off, then rechecking the oil? Screwing the cap on all the way?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread