Murray 38615B rider

Old 04-12-03, 11:33 AM
cuffs054
Visiting Guest
Murray 38615B rider

If anyone has an owners manual for the above I would be happy to buy it or pay to have it copied! I've got the parts list but not the owners manual.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-03, 07:03 PM
J A Boggan
Visiting Guest
Cuffs,
Go to http://www.murray.com/ , click on "services and support" then click on "owner's manual" and put in your model number. Are you certain the model # is correct?

Old 04-13-03, 09:32 AM
cuffs054
Visiting Guest
Jaboggan,
Thanks for the reply. Yep # is correct, it's an oldy (and lately not much of a goody!). I've tried Murray. All they had left was parts list.

Old 04-13-03, 02:53 PM
Fisher
Visiting Guest
What do you need to know? The owners manuals are not
all that helpful anyway.
fish

Old 04-14-03, 04:03 PM
cuffs054
Visiting Guest
Fish, I'm just a geek! I like to know what to lube and when and the best setting for cutting, etc. While all my friends were reading comic books, growing up, I read owners mans! (Still do)

Old 04-15-03, 05:52 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Murray is a tough company to deal with.

Call up and ask for Technical Services. Try to get a guy named David Wilson there. The # is 1-800-251-8007.

They told me the same thing on my 1965 Craftsman snowblower (which is Murray made), "too old".

I got an e-mail from David two days later and what do you know, after me being VERY persistent, they located the "last known owner's manual for your 536.82231 Sears snowblower".

3 days later I had a photocopy in my hand. Persistence wins once again.

Old 04-15-03, 10:01 AM
cuffs054
Visiting Guest
O.K., it just keeps getting better.
When I inherited the mower, it had just been serviced and was full on oil.
After a couple of uses I checked dip stick and it showed way OVER filled(I, of course, ignored it!). Last time I used it, I checked dip stick and there was NO oil in it(since I was done, I ignored that also!). This AM on a whim I pulled dip stick again, WAY over filled. Stuff on stick looks like oil and smells like oil and I don't see any unusual change in gas level.
Engine is 12.5 hp Tecumsha (sp) anybody got any ideas?

Old 04-15-03, 08:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you removing the dipstick, wiping it off, then rechecking the oil? Screwing the cap on all the way?