4hp tecumseh

Old 04-15-03, 03:40 AM
GamecockJimmy
Visiting Guest
4hp tecumseh

I am looking for an exploded view of the carb for a 4hp Horizonal shaft tecumseh engine, any ideas where to begin would be helpful.

Thanks

Jimmy

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-03, 05:48 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Call up Tecumseh technical services in Grafton, WI, they will fax or mail you an exploded parts view. Have all the #s off the blower housing of the machine.

They were very helpful in sending me all the manuals for my 1965 Craftsman snowblower!

Old 04-15-03, 08:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Jimmy!

Here is a link to a page with an exploded view of your carb. Look at the picture for "new style tecumseh carburetor". Hope this helps! http://www.lawn-mower-shop.com/carb1.htm

Old 04-16-03, 03:56 PM
GamecockJimmy
Visiting Guest
Cheese,
Thanks for the info its exactly what I needed. This is the first time I've even tried to rebuild a carb for a small engine.

Jimmy

Old 04-16-03, 08:11 PM
Tcumcman
Visiting Guest
Carb Diagram/Breakdown

Jimmy,

Howdy to a "Fellow Gamecock" !! (Class of 1976). The exploded
view Cheese offered is good, but is actually a Walbro type
carb used by Tecumseh a long time ago. Send me the model
and spec numbers off your engine. I'll print a schematic from
our PartSmart software and mail and/or FAX to you if you'll
tell me how to get it to you.

Tcumcman

P.S. I live 45 miles south of Taylors

Old 04-16-03, 10:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You're right!

I found that link a few days ago, and without closely studying, I added it to my list, so that I could use it to refer people to when having tecumseh carb troubles. (have to repeat the same ol thing over and over about these carbs) so I tought "hey, this is just what I need!" Now, I see that it is a bit outdated, but the main components are basically the same, and it does cover the problem that I most commonly have to address on this board (cleaning out the holes in the bowl screw), so it will still come in handy, I just wish it were updated with expanded views of the newer carbs. It wouldn't help someone replace the nozzle "o" rings or something similar that would be exclusive to the newer carbs.

This link may not show the exact model carb you have Jimmy, but the float setting procedure, seat positioning info, and most of the rest of the info on the page will apply to your carb as well.

Old 04-17-03, 02:59 AM
GamecockJimmy
Visiting Guest
Tcumcman, thanks for the reply and Cheese thanks for the pics once again. When I first saw the pics I thought it was the same as the carb, but noooo! Close but no cigar!

Tcumcman here is the infor from the engine:

HS40 55200J Ser 5189B

Here is the only number I seen on the Carb: 574 F5S

I bought a carburetor rebuild kit yesterday the kit number is a Tecumseh Brand 31840.

Tcumcman are you somewhere around Greenwood or that area?
You can fax it to me a work 232-6089 just put to my attention.

Thanks for all the help

Jimmy