Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

4hp Tecumseh

Visiting Guest

04-22-03, 04:31 AM   #1  
GamecockJimmy
4hp Tecumseh

Cheese and/or Tcumcman:

Got my carb rebuilt, engines starts fine without any problem. But when I engage the tines, engine dies. What have I done wrong, is it just a carb adjustment or something else?

Thanks

Jimmy

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-22-03, 06:05 PM   #2  
Sounds like the engine may be running too lean. Does the engine seem to surge, or spit out the exhaust a bit? It could be running lean due to an incorrect float position, restriction in the carb, carb adjustment if applicable, etc...

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

04-22-03, 06:09 PM   #3  
GamecockJimmy
Cheese,
which screw makes the adjustment and which way do I turn it? Is it the one on the side on the one on the bottom of the float bowl?

Jimmy

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-22-03, 11:39 PM   #4  
Turn the screw on the side clockwise until it lightly bottoms out, then back it out 2 turns. Then, while running engine at full throttle, loosen the one on the bottom of the bowl until the engine runs rough, then tighten the screw while counting the turns until it begins to spit, run rough, and or stall. Then back it out again half the # of turns you counted. This should get it about right, and fine tuning can be done if necessary.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread