Throttle spring on lawnboy mower

Old 04-22-03, 07:21 PM
sven556
Visiting Guest
Throttle spring on lawnboy mower

First off, I am here because I tried to fix my lawn mower and can't get it back together again. I don't have any experience with engines at all.

Ok, I had a gas leak which appeared to be from the gaskets near the carburetor. I started taking things apart and for some reason I took apart the throttle mechanism and the spring popped out. I can put it together again but I can't get the throttle to operate properly. (Ok, to show how stupid I am about engines, should the little valve in the carburetor be open or closed when the choke is engaged?) Can someone explain how to put it together correctly?

The mower is about 7 or 8 yrs old. Model # L20ZPRA
It is a push mower with a rear grass catcher.

I only attempted to do this as I would like to learn how to maintain my small engine machines but apparently I have a lot to learn.

Thanks,
Sven

Old 04-22-03, 07:35 PM
engine ear
Visiting Guest
i'm sorry i can't explain how to put it together but i do know that the valve should always be closed until you pull on the throttle.

this website may give you a little help

http://home.howstuffworks.com/chainsaw6.htm

this may or may not help you

Old 04-22-03, 11:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
When the choke is engaged, the butterfly valve in the carb throat should be closed. When the engine is running, the valve should be open. I can't think of a way to describe how to install the spring in text... It should be positioned so that it tries to keep the valve open.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: