2 Cycle Engine Problem

Old 05-01-03, 07:41 PM
fixitdad
Visiting Guest
Angry ryobi won't go

I have a ryobi 31cc 2cycle weed eater and the thing won't stay
running . It will if I pump the bulb ,but what good is that. It seems
to have fuel coming out of the carburator. IT has been rebuilt and and now it is doing it again

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-03, 09:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello fixitdad!

Sounds like you have trash in the carb. If the carb was built, but the filter is deteriorating, or the fuel is old and full of contaminates, it will just clog up again. Clean the carb out, flush the tank, and replace the filter and lines. (If the machine is worth this much work, Ryobi is at the bottom of the ladder).

Old 05-02-03, 06:31 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello fixitdad

I agree with cheese on the possiblities he made and product being not a high end machine.

When you state IT has been rebuilt, I assume you mean the carb or is it the entire engine?

If it refers to the carb and the machine is worth the cost of carb replacement with a new one and the time spent replacing it, replace it with a new one or have a small engine repair shop rebuild it for you.

2 cycle diaphram carbs can be difficult to rebuild and often very small carbs and engines are temperamental to minor fuel flow requirements and engine demands, etc.

The fuel flow through the carb may still not be correct and or not flowing thru the carb. If fuel is coming out of the carb venturi air intake where the air filter is, this indicates the carb is not functioning correctly.

Carb screw settings may be overly adjusted. Be sure they are reset back to the original adjustment settings.
The screw with the {"L"} marking is the Low Speed screw.
The screw with the {"H"} marking is the High Speed screw.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button. Using the reply button moves the topic back up to the top of the daily topic list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. Tom_B. Web Site Host & Small Engine Forum Moderator. "Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.