Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Chainsaw Starting Problem

05-04-03, 09:56 AM   #1  
Stihl 029 starting Problems

I have a Stihl 029 Farm Boss that has been very good at starting until this week. I cleaned up the chainsaw and drained the gas out, cleaned the filter, cleaned the air filter, installed new S.plug and it would start in choke position, and run, but when I set the throttle at running position it would run about 10 seconds and die. I removed the carb. cleaned it out with air and installed it. The saw now starts in choke position, but when I change to run position it dies, and makes a whosh noise when it dies. Any idea here one the problem?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-04-03, 10:03 AM   #2  
Hello Skeeterman!

Check your fuel lines closely for cracks and pinholes, especially near bends and fittings in the line. It sounds like you are not getting enough fuel. Did you take the carb apart to clean it?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

05-04-03, 11:03 AM   #3  
Carb. has been cleaned

I removed this small "Walbro" brand carb. and cleaned all the parts and inspected the diaphragms and screen. Whatever it is, as soon as I give it gas by the throttle its dies.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-04-03, 10:53 PM   #4  
Try backing out the High speed screw marked with an H, 1/4 turn at a time, and see if this solves the problem.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread