Chainsaw Starting Problem

Old 05-04-03, 09:56 AM
Angry Stihl 029 starting Problems

I have a Stihl 029 Farm Boss that has been very good at starting until this week. I cleaned up the chainsaw and drained the gas out, cleaned the filter, cleaned the air filter, installed new S.plug and it would start in choke position, and run, but when I set the throttle at running position it would run about 10 seconds and die. I removed the carb. cleaned it out with air and installed it. The saw now starts in choke position, but when I change to run position it dies, and makes a whosh noise when it dies. Any idea here one the problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-03, 10:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Skeeterman!

Check your fuel lines closely for cracks and pinholes, especially near bends and fittings in the line. It sounds like you are not getting enough fuel. Did you take the carb apart to clean it?

Old 05-04-03, 11:03 AM
Angry Carb. has been cleaned

I removed this small "Walbro" brand carb. and cleaned all the parts and inspected the diaphragms and screen. Whatever it is, as soon as I give it gas by the throttle its dies.

Old 05-04-03, 10:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Try backing out the High speed screw marked with an H, 1/4 turn at a time, and see if this solves the problem.