gas string trimmer

Old 05-06-03, 04:50 PM
fat420cats
Visiting Guest
Question gas string trimmer

Hi, I have a Ryobi 2-cycle gas trimmer. The motor has plenty of power and seams to be very reliable so far. However, the string part doesn't spin around anymore so it is not working. I don't want to stick too much money in this as it only cost $69.00 new. Do you think it would be worth taking to get fixed or is this possibly something that is common and not too dificult to fix? I was able to download a parts list at their website www.ryobioutdoor.com
What do you think?

Old 05-08-03, 02:44 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi,

The small engine forum may be a better place to ask this rather than the gas appliance forum!??!.....

http://forum.doityourself.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=70

**Do you think it would be worth taking to get fixed or is this possibly something that is common and not too dificult to fix?**

When my neighbour took his in...the est for repair was more than the cost of replacing the unit

jeff.

Old 05-09-03, 04:31 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
My Mcullick "or however it's spelled" did the same. I pulled the end off and found that the cable from the string head to the motor had broke. I called around to local mower shops and picked one up for just a few bucks and wasn't hard to put in at all. But having them find time to do it this time of year may be a challenge and monetarilly not worth it. So if you're handy DIY kind of person go for it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: