Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

gas string trimmer

Visiting Guest

05-06-03, 04:50 PM   #1  
fat420cats
gas string trimmer

Hi, I have a Ryobi 2-cycle gas trimmer. The motor has plenty of power and seams to be very reliable so far. However, the string part doesn't spin around anymore so it is not working. I don't want to stick too much money in this as it only cost $69.00 new. Do you think it would be worth taking to get fixed or is this possibly something that is common and not too dificult to fix? I was able to download a parts list at their website www.ryobioutdoor.com
What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-08-03, 02:44 PM   #2  
jeff1
Hi,

The small engine forum may be a better place to ask this rather than the gas appliance forum!??!.....

http://forum.doityourself.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=70

**Do you think it would be worth taking to get fixed or is this possibly something that is common and not too dificult to fix?**

When my neighbour took his in...the est for repair was more than the cost of replacing the unit

jeff.

OH

05-09-03, 04:31 AM   #3  
My Mcullick "or however it's spelled" did the same. I pulled the end off and found that the cable from the string head to the motor had broke. I called around to local mower shops and picked one up for just a few bucks and wasn't hard to put in at all. But having them find time to do it this time of year may be a challenge and monetarilly not worth it. So if you're handy DIY kind of person go for it.

Search this Thread