Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engine Part Sources

Visiting Guest

05-06-03, 06:40 PM   #1  
richyd36
bolens g 16 xl oh 160 engine

i thank you guys for all of the assistance and advice you have given me you have been a big help with this mower now the problem i am running into is finding parts for this thing none of the mower shops around here seem to be able to get bolens parts unless you have the part # i went to replace one of the deck belts today and had to go to napa and order it the mower shops dont even want to fool with it and napa had to measure my old belt and order it these mower shops act as if they dont want to fool with it and i have the money to spend for this mower and dont care to spend it because the mower looks and runs like a new one it just has a few minor problems that need fixing but no one can order parts without a part # thanks so im at a dead end until i find either a catalog with part #s or a place that i can get the parts or order them any help would be appreciated thanks and god bless

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-06-03, 10:42 PM   #2  
Hi Richy!

Bolens seems to be popular in regions, but not nationwide. Some areas (like mine) are almost completely void of bolens products, and others you'll find a bolens in every other garage. I suppose this is why many small engine repair shops don't keep parts or parts books for them. I have seen Bolens literature on Ebay. Try their lawn tools auction and type in "bolens parts manual", or "bolens G16 XL" or something to that effect in the search engine. You'll find one eventually.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread