Engine Speed Adjustment

Old 05-20-03, 09:22 AM
toro 2 cycle needs more rpm

7 yr old self propelled blade clutch 2 cycle starts/runs well, but since new the speed is slightly slower than 3,000 published spec. How can I increase it slightly for more vacuum/power?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-03, 01:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Mitchella!

Check the throttle cable and linkage to make sure it is reaching it's fastest setting possible. If so, you may be able to bend the linkage wire a tad to shorten/lengthen its' reach just enough to raise the rpm a bit.

Old 05-21-03, 06:15 AM
Unfortunately the throttle is control is also the choke, so if I push it further to get more rpm, it goes to choke. I don't have a manual (yet) for this engine but maybe there is a governor or something to adjust?

Old 05-21-03, 06:25 AM
Admin Emeritus
Engine Speed Adjustment

Hello: mitchella

There should be an adjustable screw which moves the throttle plate. Watch the throttle plate movement as the throttle cable moves the plate.

When the cable moves this plate, look for the screw that stops the plates advancing movement and adjust the stop screw to allow the plate advance slightly further.

Be sure not to overly adjust it beyond the reccommended engines top running speed. An overly fast running engine will cause excessive engine wear and premature engine failure.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button. Using the reply button moves the topic back up to the top of the daily topic list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. Tom_B. Web Site Host & Small Engine Forum Moderator. "Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Search this Thread