Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Chainsaw Motor

Visiting Guest

06-06-03, 12:15 AM   #1  
steen7osu
Craftsman Chainsaw Motor

Hi All,
A few questions I have to ask the experts. I am making a scooter with a 2 stroke craftsman/tecumseh chainsaw motor. I have no clue how old it is but the pull starter does not work and I know it is broken the model number is 358 352 151. The plastic wheel that has teeth in it have broken. I could fab one myself but would like to know if there is a place I could get one that would work. The motor runs but It just needed a few parts to get it back in shape. I have cleaned it up and need to replace fuel line (where can I get it) and the pull starter. Also my biggest problem is with the sprocket. I plan on using the sprocket from a old bike and have the parts but cant seem to figure out how to remove the clutch to be able to put the different type of sprocket on instead of the original chain saw sprocket. I can weld and am already working on welding a new exhaust pipe etc for more horses. Has anyone ever done this or have any ideas on how to? I also need to find where to buy a new air filter as mine has fallen apart. Thanks So Much Steen 7

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-06-03, 06:48 AM   #2  
Joe_F
The machine you mention is made by Poulan (the model # starting with 358).

Any dealer dealing in Poulan should be able to help. You can get the part #s from the Sears.com website. First www.sears.com and then "parts" on the left.

Visiting Guest

06-06-03, 11:20 AM   #3  
steen7osu
Thanks

Thanks for the information that is a big help to know. I will try and figure out how to remove clutch and things and keep everyone posted on my progress. It should be cool.... Steen 7

Visiting Guest

06-06-03, 12:00 PM   #4  
steen7osu
Parts Please....

I need some parts that Sears no longer carries can anyone help????
Although Fuel Lines are universal I need a fuel line, I need a starter pully, and an Air Filter.
Part Numbers are:
Fuel Line 21014 But I Need a longer one for relocation of the fuel tank.

Starter Pully 11214 Cant Find It Anywhere

Air Filter 23369 Or can I just use one that I make fit...
Thanks much all... Steen 7

Visiting Guest

06-06-03, 01:06 PM   #5  
Joe_F
If it's for the same machine, try www.poulan.com

Ask them where you can find parts like that. Their customer service folks are pretty helpful.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-06-03, 01:40 PM   #6  
Your local small engine repair shop should have those things in stock, or be able to get them easily.

I'm working on somewhat of a go-kart too. Building it from scratch. It has an electric start 14hp kawasaki, 3 speed tranny with reverse, gear reduction steering, and soon to be added will be wheelie bars, lol! I'm still working on things like brake setup and clutch, but I'll have to wait awhile to get back to it because things are really busy for me this time of year.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread