Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2 Cycle Engine

Visiting Guest

06-06-03, 02:31 PM   #1  
dobbin
Lawn-Boy 2-stroke mower

Hey all.

I recently bought a Lawn-Boy GoldPro 10550. This is my first 2-stroke mower and I really like it. The first 4 times I used it the engine ran at a constant rpm. Since then it has started surging a little. When it's under a load the surging stops. I emailed Lawn-Boy about it and they said "It is normal for the 2-cycle engine with the air vane governor to surge a little. Once the engine is placed under load it should smooth out."

I'm not trying to call out Lawn-Boy but was wondering if anyone who knows about these mowers would agree that the surging is okay.

Also, I know what a governor is/does but am not familiar with the term 'air vane' governor. Is an 'air vane' governor different from a 'regular' governor or is this just a special Lawn-Boy term?

Any ideas?

dobber

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-06-03, 07:59 PM   #2  
An air vane governor regulates rpm by a vane that is forced back by the airflow created by the flywheel. They may be prone to surge a bit, but you might richen the mixture just a hair to stop it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread