4 cycle or 2 cycle?

Old 06-11-03, 10:34 AM
Simpletimes
Visiting Guest
Question 4 cycle or 2 cycle?

I have a Ryobi 2 cycle trimmer with "Quick Link". I just picked up a Ryobi 4 cycle trimmer with "Quick Link". Both units are 6-7 years old and in very good condition. Both seem to run fine. I plan on selling one of them or giving it to my Father-in-law. Which is the better of the two? What are the pros and cons to each?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-03, 01:14 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
What kind of trimmer? A 2 cycle is lighter, but in my belief a 4 cycle is more durable.

Old 06-11-03, 10:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I agree...the 4 cycles are GENERALLY longer lasting, but heavier. There are few, if any, 4cycle handheld trimmers in my area, so I don't have any experience with ryobi 4cycles.

Old 06-12-03, 07:12 AM
ringoryan8
Visiting Guest
i Have a ryobi four-cycle and love it. I like it alot better than my grandfathers 2 cycle

Old 06-12-03, 07:16 AM
Simpletimes
Visiting Guest
I had a chance to try both out with the edger, trimmer and blower/vac. I've come to the conclusion that the 2 cycle can handle the edger better than the 4 cycle. It seems to regain the RPM's quicker and thus seems to work better. I was surprised how quickly the 4 cycle bogged down. So i plan on keeping the 2 cycle and giving the 4 cycle to my father-in-law, he just needs the trimmer attachment.
Thanks for your comments.