Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Starting problem

Visiting Guest

06-20-03, 08:25 AM   #1  
lsmoore
Starting problem

I have an older model wizard push mower, no handle lever to keep pressed down or anything , just a throttle lever on the handle. I think that is a 3hp but I am not sure if it is a B&S or a Tecumseh. My problem is that it is not starting and it looks like the gas has been left in it for awhile and gook may be in it. I tryed to take the tank off and clean it but the carburator was on top of it , got that apart, but then there was something in the tank connected to the carburator through a tube. Do they make anything to clean out the gas tank or is there a way to get this tank off without tearing anything up?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-20-03, 06:45 PM   #2  
mikejmerritt
Hate to Answer a Question with a Question...

.....give us a model number, if not a make of engine....No doubt there is help here......Mike

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-20-03, 07:37 PM   #3  
Hello lsmoore!

A make and model# would be helpful as Mike suggested. It does sound like, by your description, that you have an old automatic choked briggs and stratton classic. If so, you can remove the carb from the tank...the tube should not be connected to the tank. If it is connected, you have something different and a make and model would be most helpful. If it is a briggs engine, you should be able to find a set of numbers on the metal cover, over the spark plug, stamped into the metal.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread