gas trimmers

Old 06-20-03, 01:48 PM
fin man
Visiting Guest
gas trimmers

I need some quick opinions on gas trimmers. In The Orlando Fla. area,who has the best prices? Is a 4 stroke worth the extra money just so you don't have to mix the gas? Is 28cc plenty big enough for edging? Are there quieter rated gas trimmers available? I already have an electric but am tired of dragging 40' of extension cord around.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-03, 08:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello fin man!

I have little experience with 4 stroke trimmers, as there are few, if any in my area. As far as engine size, I guess it depends on several other things. A 28cc engine made by one manufacturer may be plenty, and a 28cc of another manufacturer may be inadequate. I think for an edger, 32cc would be better, but I never liked the trimmer/edger combination anyway. After using a regular edger, the converted trimmer/edgers just seem flimsy and underpowered.

Stihl, Echo, Robin, Husquavarna, Shindaiwa are all at the top of the list as far as reliability, but they are up there in price as well. Stihl being my personal favorite as far as cost-vs-quality, and ready parts availability. There are many other decent trimmers and I'm sure I left some off of my list.

Search this Thread