ignition spark problem

Old 06-20-03, 03:13 PM
kelleydm
Visiting Guest
tecumseh v70 no spark

have a tecumseh v70 engine on my toro 935 rider have put new points condenser coil and spark plug in. i also bought a atom module to replace the points and condenser. my coil is under the flywheel and i seem to have good magnet strenght on the flywheel. but have no spark still. am at a lose as to what could be wrong with it now. it was running up untill i burned my coil up when my ground on my switch somehow got pushed against my battery lead on the switch. thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-03, 07:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Kelleydm!

What do you have on it now, points or the atom module? These things are tricky to get right.

Old 06-20-03, 08:24 PM
kelleydm
Visiting Guest
i have the atom on it took the points out but left the condenser in with the secondary coil wire still grounded to the top of it. is it possible that i could have put the new coil in upside down or sideways and if so how would i be able to tell which way is the right way? i can take a picture of it and email it so you can see what it looks like now. here are the pictures at this address http://www.kelleyconsulting.biz/kell...20pictures.htm

Last edited by kelleydm; 06-21-03 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-23-03, 12:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think you have it in right, but I'm not sure about the wiring on the atom module. I don't think you need to be connected to the condenser for that, but I have never installed an atom on one of those engines. (I don't use the atom chip anymore). Are you sure you have the right wire from the coil going to the condenser? Was the entire stator plate loosened or removed? If so, you really need a manual and a dial indicator and some patience to set it up right again...unless you can get the plate in the exact same position it was originally installed in.

Old 06-23-03, 07:18 AM
kelleydm
Visiting Guest
the stator plate was removed though there was a washer mark where it was before on it so was able to put it if not exactly where it was within half a milimeter. the coil wire will check to see if i have the correct one attached to the condensor and to the atom module. thank you for your assistance will let you know what i find out. i bought a 8 hp tecumseh that looked like mine for $61 including shipping that runs though there is no starter am hoping the starter will fit off my 7 hp. thanks agian.

Old 06-26-03, 09:16 PM
kelleydm
Visiting Guest
problem fixed coil had went bad agian. thank you