Workhorse rider

Old 06-21-03, 03:16 AM
Workhorse rider

Can I get any comments on a Workhorse rider tractor/mower with a Kawasaki egine? Good size mower, but I have never ran across one of these. Haven't really taken a good look at it yet, but it looks like it indeed can be called a garden tractor with the proper attachments.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-03, 06:19 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hi: Boman

The brand name has been in production for many years. Not one found in all parts of the country, to the best of my knowledge but still can be a good machine for it's intended usages.

The question to you is, would this machine be a new machine or a used one? Are there dealers in your area? Reason asked is for parts and service availability both now and in the future.

Replying back with answers to those 2 questions and including the model & serial numbers would be helpful.

Regards. Sharp Advice.
Web Site Host & Small Engine Forum Moderator.

Old 06-22-03, 09:14 PM
No dealers in this area anymore that I know of. Does Workhorse have a website? A cousin of mine has this one. He worked on small engines for years and wants to wait and check it out before he lets anyone have it and to make sure parts can still be obtained. It was partially covered with water recently. Oh, it is a used garden mower/tractor. I will try to get the numbers on it and post them.

Tx

P. S. I will try a search on Kawasaki and see if I can some info on them, since it has one of their engines.

Old 06-22-03, 09:23 PM
Oops, I may be wrong on the brand. It may be Wheelhorse. Will take a closer look and repost.

If it is a Wheelhorse, it seems to be connected to Toro and a high dollar machine. I wil definitely check it out.

Old 06-22-03, 11:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yup-Wheelhorse is Toro's name. The old ones were really good. The newer ones don't do anything for me, lol. Kawasaki is a darn good engine though. One big problem with Toro is that they don't sell parts to anyone other than a dealer, so you must find a dealer to get parts from. The closest one that I know of in my area is about an hour away, so it makes it a pain for me to get parts from them. (They won't sell parts to me because I'm not a dealer)...or any of the other lawnmower shops in the area for that matter.