rechargeable electric mowers?

Old 06-23-03, 07:16 PM
Ms Greenejeans
Visiting Guest
Question rechargeable electric mowers?

Hello - we are looking to replace our gas mower with either an electric rechargeable or a gas with electric start. Our lawn is betw 1/4 & 1/3 acre. Due to age and bad joints, a push mower is out of the question.
Has anyone used the Black and Decker rechargeable? What makes us hesitate is it seems we might have to recharge the battery between front & back lawns.
We also found a mower called the Neuton Cordless, made by DR Power, Country Home products. I am a little suspicious as to the usefulness of this one because it has an optional line trimmer that attaches to the front of the mower, that can trim, or be turned to edge. I think a separate trimmer is much more maneuverable. This mower at least has an extra battery, which you can switch out to recharge while using the other one.
HOWEVER, what we really want is a mower that can rear bag, mulch, OR side discharge, (to help us with leaves in the fall), so I am more inclined toward the Toro Recycler.
Any input from folks who've used any of these would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-03, 08:25 PM
I have a self-propelled Toro Recycler, manual start, and have been pleased with its performance, reliability, and durability. This is its 3d season. The only problem I have had with it is the control cable for engaging the drive broke. It was $10 and easy to replace.

I don't know about the electric start models of Toro, but I would venture to say that they would be good and reliable, also.

Hope this helps.