Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rear Engine Riding Mower

Visiting Guest

06-24-03, 03:00 PM   #1  
gematta
Murray Rear Engine Riding Mower

Hi, I'm new here so everyone please be patient with me.

I just bought a Murray 30 in rear engine 12 HP Briggs and Stratton engine model number 309000X8 .

Now here's problem. I have the hardest time going up a hill. Not a big hill but an incline that we have here in Florida for the rainfall. I say no more than a 20 degrees incline.

Just wondering if anybody else had this problem? I adjusted the tires to 14 psi like the manual said.

And 'NO' I'm not a FAT Guy maybe 200lbs.

Any feedback would be greatful. Like I said just bought it yesterday and if there's a problem I would like to know to determine if I should take it back or not.

Thanks Guys and Gals.

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus

CAL

06-24-03, 06:06 PM   #2  
Hello gematta. Welcome to our Do-It-Yourself Web Site and our Small Engine forum.

In my personal opinion, you should not attempt to make any repairs or diagnose any problems.

The machine is brand new which puts it under a warranty. Attempting to make any repairs or adjustments may void that warranty.

If the machine does not function properly, which it isn't if the condition you are experiencing is correct, than the machine should be fixed under the warranty.

Regards & Good Luck.
Web Site Host & Small Engine Forum Moderator. "Accurate Power Equipment." Small Engine Diagnostics Services & Repair.

Visiting Guest

06-24-03, 06:40 PM   #3  
gematta
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

I called Home Depot where I got it from and explain the problem. The guy never heard of such a thing so as soon as Home depot gets new one he'll replace this one. Might just be a defect.

Just thought maybe this happens with Murray riding mowers or if I just got a bad one.

Thanks for the reply.

Visiting Guest

06-24-03, 07:34 PM   #4  
mikejmerritt
There are many of these machines in use around here and it should pull up a slight incline, mowing grass pulling a couple of hundred lbs. in a small trailor with a 12hp on it....Mike

Search this Thread