Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Recycler Blade

OH

06-26-03, 02:25 PM   #1  
Honda Recycler Blade

I have used Toro Recycler Mowers for years, with no quality of cut issues, even when the recyclers were an "add on" from the dealer rather than factory installed. My neighbor, walked over and asked me why he has to cut his grass twice with his Honda recycler mower. I looked underneath it, and I see no Kickers like Toro uses, just what looks like one blade bolted to the bottom of another with about a 1" gap between them at the ends. Is there anything special that has to be done to this mower to make it cut cleanly? The lower blade was sharp, but the upper one was coated with grass. I assume that the upper one catches loose clippings cut with the lower one to perform the recycling process. Any ideas as to why this mower would leave so much grass uncut?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-27-03, 10:46 PM   #2  
Hello WML13!

I have used the Honda mulchers, and they seem to work well. I wonder if the blades are on upside down? Both blades should be sharp, with the sharp edge of the blade closest to the ground.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

OH

07-03-03, 05:29 PM   #3  
Honda recycler

I sharpened both blades, and cleaned the underside of the deck. I filled a shopping bag with packed grass. It cut fine for me. I returned the mower (and the shopping bag) Its pretty bad when your only claim to fame after 56 years is cleaning mower decks, but its their cash in my pocket...Thanks for the comments!

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-04-03, 12:58 AM   #4  
Hehe...I guess a shopping bag of packed grass would cause some problems. Glad you figured it out!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread