Recycler Blade

Old 06-26-03, 02:25 PM
Honda Recycler Blade

I have used Toro Recycler Mowers for years, with no quality of cut issues, even when the recyclers were an "add on" from the dealer rather than factory installed. My neighbor, walked over and asked me why he has to cut his grass twice with his Honda recycler mower. I looked underneath it, and I see no Kickers like Toro uses, just what looks like one blade bolted to the bottom of another with about a 1" gap between them at the ends. Is there anything special that has to be done to this mower to make it cut cleanly? The lower blade was sharp, but the upper one was coated with grass. I assume that the upper one catches loose clippings cut with the lower one to perform the recycling process. Any ideas as to why this mower would leave so much grass uncut?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-03, 10:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello WML13!

I have used the Honda mulchers, and they seem to work well. I wonder if the blades are on upside down? Both blades should be sharp, with the sharp edge of the blade closest to the ground.

Old 07-03-03, 05:29 PM
Honda recycler

I sharpened both blades, and cleaned the underside of the deck. I filled a shopping bag with packed grass. It cut fine for me. I returned the mower (and the shopping bag) Its pretty bad when your only claim to fame after 56 years is cleaning mower decks, but its their cash in my pocket...Thanks for the comments!

Old 07-04-03, 12:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hehe...I guess a shopping bag of packed grass would cause some problems. Glad you figured it out!