Tiller Carb Question

Old 07-01-03, 09:38 AM
DJForrestA
Visiting Guest
Angry Mantis Carburtor issues

I have a Mantis tiller I'm working on and I'm almost ready to burn it. My family bought this tiller for my father three years ago and it has probably worked for a total of ten minutes in those three years. When we first got it, it tilled for 5 minutes and quit. We had it to repair shops and everytime it comes back it works for a few minutes and quits. I've completely cleaned the carburator. It has new gas. The mix is correct. The muffler isn't plugged. The filter is clear. The diaphrams looked good. I had it running great yesterday but again after about 5 minutes it died and will only run on full choke and if I take the choke off or attempt to give it any fuel it dies. It acts like it is running too lean. If I put the choke off and on it will rev but runout of gas if the choke is off and only idle if the choke is on. It is a Zama carburator and very clean. I even replaced the fuel line and bubble. Please let me know before I'm forced to put this thing out of its misery. Thanks and you've got a great info board here by the way.
Forrest

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-03, 01:34 PM
DJForrestA
Visiting Guest
P.S. Does anyone know where I could get a diagram of a Zama carburator. I am giving this one more cleaning and trying it again.

Old 07-01-03, 04:33 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
E-mail Zama and ask, got nothing to lose.

Old 07-01-03, 06:10 PM
DJForrestA
Visiting Guest
Healed

I put some new jets in and it runs like crazy. The others looked fine but what a difference. I used it for 2 hours straight today and it only died once because I put the air filter in wrong and it sucked in a little goo. I tore it down again cleaned it and it fired right back up. Thanks.
Forrest

Old 07-01-03, 11:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad you got it going! Wish I could have helped, but by the time I got to your post, you had already fixed it! Come back anytime!

Search this Thread