Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Gas Blowers

Visiting Guest

07-19-03, 09:43 AM   #1  
ohioman31
Gas Blowers

I HAVE A McCULLOCH GAS LEAF BLOWER AND WHEN I HAVE THE CHOKE ON IT RUNS BUT WHEN I PUT IT ON RUN IT BOGGS DOWN AND SHUTS OFF I MESSED WITH IDOL SCREWS THINKING THAT WOULD HELP BUT IT KEEPS DOING THE SAME THING

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

07-19-03, 10:17 AM   #2  
Hello ohioman31. Welcome to our Do-It-Yourself Web Site and our Small Engine forum.

The problem with the engine is very common. Happens to many engines that have carb problems. Especially when fuel is left in the tank and carb for extended periods of time when left unused.

The solutions is to flush out the tank and fuel hose or hoses. Clean out the filter which may be inside the tank or inline in the fuel hose, etc.

Replace all existing stale fuel with a freshly mixed batch. Then it will also most likely be required to clean out the carb. A carb repair kit with new parts will be needed when assembly is done.

Many, if not all of the instructions and procedures are explained in full details in existing questions within the forum topic. Reading them will provide you all the other possible causes and every possbile solution.

Engines with this type of problem are all the same. Regardless of the engine being a four cycle or two cycle. There are already many asked questions like or similar to the problem described.

Most likely I haven't covered all of the possibilities. The other resident small engine service and repair professionals may be able to offer additional suggestions, advice & help.

Check back on your question several times over the next few days for additional replies.

Small engine repair parts, generic repair manuals and additional help are all available at all local small engine repair shops and or lawn mower repair shops in your area. Shops and dealers are listed in the phone book directory.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button. Using the reply button moves the topic back up to the top of the daily topic list automatically & keeps all communications in this one thread.

Regards & Good Luck.
Web Site Host & Small Engine Forum Moderator. "Accurate Power Equipment." Small Engine Diagnostics Services & Repair.

Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Visiting Guest

07-19-03, 11:41 AM   #3  
ohioman31
THANKS

THANKS FOR THE REPLY I TOOK MY GAS TANK OFF AND THE FILTER IN THE TANK WAS BROKE OFF SO I NEED TO GET ME A NEW TANK AND FILTER THANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-19-03, 11:20 PM   #4  
Hello Ohioman!

No need to replace the tank if it's just the filter broken off of the line, just replace the fuel line. It is just inserted through a hole in the tank.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread