Reel push lawnmowers

Old 07-30-03, 07:54 PM
Poltergeist97
Visiting Guest
Reel push lawnmowers

Does anyone out there use a reel push lawnmower? I'm thinking of getting one when my present gas powered give up on me (it wanted to stall whenever iI bump into something solid or when I go down an incline) but I don't want to waste $130.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-03, 10:54 PM
Cool

Man, I haven't used a push lawnmower since I was a kid in the 1950's when I would go visit my grandfather and mow his lawn for him. I didn't even think that they made them anymore. LOL.
If you have a VERY small lawn, can find a pushmower, like lots of excercise, and sharpening the blades and oiling the mower on a regular basis, go for it.
If your gas mower was tuned properly, you wouldn't have such problems with it. You also can consider an electric lawnmower, which is much less expensive.
Good Luck!

Old 07-31-03, 02:49 AM
To read about manual reel mowers now available, they are much improved as far as ease and efficiency of use are concerned. As with many other things, they have benefitted from advances in manufacturing. If I had less than the 15,000 sf of grass that I have, I would seriously consider one.

Old 07-31-03, 07:03 AM
cweaver73
Visiting Guest
There are at least a few situations where hand-powered mower will work fine. Hand mowing is rewarding - its nice not burning fossil fuels and not dealing with LOUD engines.

I use one up at my camp in the mountains. I only have a couple of small sections of grass maybe 2-3 thousand sq ft. I dont fertilize the grass so it is not that thick . .

the mower works fine . . you do have to go over it a few times. mine is a brand name "Scotts", cost $115.00 8 years ago and is easy to use . . not much more effort then power mower.