Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engine Running Problem

08-13-03, 02:40 PM   #1  
Briggs and Sratton motor

I have a pressure washer biggs and stratton motor 4.0 Quattro.It runs very poorly and is blowing black somke. I have change the plug and the gas but that has not help. Do u have any suggestion. Thank You Geo

Sponsored Links

08-13-03, 07:05 PM   #2  
You might want to check your oil level and make sure it is not filled to ful passed the reccomended limit. If that does not solve your problemb, than you might want to check your carberator, it could be adjusted wrong.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-13-03, 11:27 PM   #3  
Hello George!

Welcome to the small engines forum!

Black smoke indicates gas flooding. Check the air filter to be sure it isn't clogged. If air filter is ok, replace the carb diaphragm. To do this, just remove the fuel tank and carb as an assembly, remove the screws that hold the carb to the tank, pull the carb off. Clean the carb well with spray carb cleaner (wear safety glasses), replace the diaphragm and gasket (available at any small engine repair shop for $5.00 or so), and reassemble. Let us know how it goes!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

08-19-03, 06:08 PM   #4  
Briggs Stratton

Just wanted to let u know that your advise help me out thanks Georgekraus

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-19-03, 09:12 PM   #5  
Great! Glad we could help, and thank you for letting us know how it went!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

08-22-03, 12:13 AM   #6  
HumanFireHazard
good for you... just so u know... oil will burn white/gray and gas will go black

Search this Thread