Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

carb adj on chainsaw

Visiting Guest

08-19-03, 03:30 PM   #1  
cthack1976
carb adj on chainsaw

i have a poulan model 1950 14 inch chainsaw. it will not stay running at idle speed. there are 2 plastic screw type things, one red and one blue. the red has anL above it and the blue has an H above it. Can anyone tell me how if these are carbeurator adjustment and if so which way i need to go with them? I lost my manual which explained the task and the online manual does not cover this.

thanks

chad

ps heres a picture for what it's worth

Sponsored Links

08-19-03, 08:46 PM   #2  
Hi there. Those are caberator adjustment screws. There should be another screw that adjusts your idol speed. Be careful adjusting the carb screws, if you get the wrong adjustment setting you can burn up your engine

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-19-03, 09:08 PM   #3  
Hello Chad!

Correct, they are carb adjustments. The plastic caps only allow a slight adjustment to be made. The caps have to be removed to allow further adjustment. Normally, if it will not run well given the small adjustment allowable, there are other problems like gummed up or restricted carb, bad fuel lines, air leak, plugged filter or exhaust, etc...

Try turning both screws counterclockwise as far as they'll go (not far). If still no-go, troubleshoot from there.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread