Scotss Manual

Old 08-19-03, 09:37 PM
Scotss Manual

Ok. I have a scotts walk behind self propelled mower I got it from sombody and its the classic thing that many people you here about ask for a manual. I have the Scotts phone number but it will cost me money to get it. Is there anywhere you can think of that I may aquire a free manual for Scotts model 21995x8a

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-03, 03:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I want to say MTD supplies this and makes this for Scotts.

In such case try www.mtdproducts.com

I never understood why companies charge for owner's manuals----they should make them available as PDF files so customers can print their own .

Old 08-20-03, 08:40 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello Terminator20

I'm not sure it's possible to obatin a free manual at the part suppliers below, but may be worth a phone call.

Small engine service manuals can also be found at your local small engine and lawn mower repair shops listed in the phone book. The manual may not be free, but worth having.

Potential sources for manuals and or replacement parts:

BILLIOU'S 1-209-784-4102

L.S.THORPE CO. INC. 1-617-776-2445

Disclaimer:
I do not have any affiliations nor vested interests in any of these retail parts suppliers. Provided solely to assist with locating parts.

Other small engine service and repair professionals, replying within this forum, may be able to offer you additional locations and or sources to obtain manuals and or parts.

Check back on your topic several times.

Regards & Good Luck. Small Engine Forum Host & Multiple Topics Moderator. "Accurate Power Equipment Company." Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.

Old 08-21-03, 12:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Actually, the mower is made by John Deere. Most any John Deere dealer should have it, and depending on your relationship with them, they may give you one or copy one for you. If not, I don't know where to get one for free.

Old 08-21-03, 05:48 AM
John Deere's site doesn't show a model with that number. Murray has a model 21995x8c and the *.pdf manual is here:

http://media.murray.com/OwnersManuals/f000409M.pdf

The manual says it is a Scotts mower.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-21-03, 06:43 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If you want to call Murray and ask for a manual, try David Wilson, Technical Services, 1-800-251-8007.

They have been pretty helpful with my '65 and '79 Craftsman snowblowers which were AMF made (now owned by Murray).

Old 08-21-03, 10:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hmmm, ok, could be that murray is in the mix here too. We have no scotts dealers around here, but the ones I have seen were made by John Deere. The scotts brand is gone now to my knowledge, and The line took on the name of john deere "Sabre" and was painted the traditional green and yellow, and now the Sabre is gone in favor of the "L" series john deeres. It could be that murray made some mowers with the scotts name as well. If the mower in the pdf file looks like yours, I wouldn't be afraid to use it as a reference.

Old 08-22-03, 06:57 PM
I have its the right one. Cheese, I submitted another reply in the spark tester post. This is the post about the scotts mower made by murray that I nned to know how to adjust the drive engage cable

Old 08-22-03, 09:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ok, from what I gather, Murray made the walk behind mowers for scotts, and deere made some if not all of the riders. Going to check the other thread now...(about the drive cable)

Old 08-23-03, 07:39 PM
I thank all of you for the great manual you found. I find that the more I come to this forum and read all the threads here I will learn alot about small engines!