Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Hybrid...

Visiting Guest

08-22-03, 12:00 AM   #1  
HumanFireHazard
Hybrid...

Hello every one... im new to this forum... im 16... and im planing on building a go kart...
Im thinking of using a hybrid engine... the block of a 7.1cm bore and 4cm stroke and will replace with con rod and crank from a 6.9 bore and 4.7 stroke, will see if that will fit... but the questions i have is...

How do i remove the fly wheel of a lawnmower that has this sqaure peice on top of the fly wheel and it has bearings inside for the start mechanism... i done it b4 but i cant remember how?

and

How do i remove the clips holding the springs for the valves so i can pull out the valves.

And how do i align the crack and cam together to get the timing corect on the engine... i wonder what the compression ratio will be for it with 4.7 stroke... becuase tehn i might have to retart timing... corect?

well thanks for any help...

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-22-03, 12:36 AM   #2  
HumanFireHazard
ok i got how to remove the flywheel with the square starter on it...
http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lmfaq.htm#lmflyrml

Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

08-22-03, 06:16 AM   #3  
Hello HumanFireHazard

As with almost anything we do mechanical, it is always best to have and use the correct tools for the job. Likewise, the required books and or service manuals.

Books, tools and service manuals for both generic and or specific engines can be obtained in most small engine repairs shops.

Generic engine repair manuals can be obtained almost anywhere books are sold. Both offer excellant advice, instructions, etc.

Regards & Good Luck.
Small Engine Forum Moderator. "Accurate Power Equipment." Small Engine Diagnostics Services & Repair.

Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Visiting Guest

08-22-03, 08:00 AM   #4  
HumanFireHazard
how do i remove the valves and put them back in?

Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

08-22-03, 01:39 PM   #5  
Hello: HFH

To remove the valves, you'll need a valve spring compression tool and the service manual for either the specific engine brand and model being worked on or a generic service manual.

Regards and Good Luck.
Web Site Admin, Moderator Hiring Agent, Host and Forums Manager. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician. Fast, Fair, Friendly and Highly Proficient...

Don't Take Freedom For Granted. Thank A Veteran. Need an Employee? Hire a Veteran

Not only is a mind a terrible thing to waste, it's like a parachute.

It doesn't function until it's OPEN.........

Elvis. "The Sun Never Sets On A Legend."

Gun safety is using BOTH hands!

Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Visiting Guest

08-22-03, 04:25 PM   #6  
HumanFireHazard
k guys... i got the valves with a screw diver and pliers... k... the crank from the otrher engine wont fit... there is no clearence around... it barely hits the piston and and scrapes the wall... so it wont let it spin... ahh well... worth the try... at least i got my cast iron flywheel now

Search this Thread