Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel Line Question

08-22-03, 05:58 PM   #1  
weed trimmer gas line problem

Weed trimmer wouldn't start. Checked fuel lines and found one broke. Here's my problem. There are two lines. One smaller one and one big one. They run between a primer. The tank has two holes (small and big). I bought a new pick up line but am confused how to put back together. I found one nipple that fits the large line at the tank large hole. Is there supposed to be another one for the smaller pick up line. Right now I have it running direct from filter/pickup through small hole in tank to primer/carb. I am having a gas leak at the small hole (doesn't have nipple).
Hope someone can help weeds are getting out of hand.

Last edited by dtro; 08-23-03 at 06:52 AM.

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus

CAL

08-22-03, 07:28 PM   #2  
Hello: dtro. Welcome to the Small Engine forum.

Your question can best be answered if the question contained a specific brand name, model number and year, if known. In order to help you with more professional advice, help us to help you.

Post a reply with the specific information and the pros in the forum will provide you with the help needed.

Regards and Good Luck.
Web Site Admin, Moderator Hiring Agent, Host and Forums Manager. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician. Fast, Fair, Friendly and Highly Proficient...

Don't Take Freedom For Granted. Thank A Veteran. Need an Employee? Hire a Veteran

Not only is a mind a terrible thing to waste, it's like a parachute.

It doesn't function until it's OPEN.........

Elvis. "The Sun Never Sets On A Legend."

Gun safety is using BOTH hands!

Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

08-23-03, 06:51 AM   #3  
Here's my trimmer.

http://www.weedeater.com/products/tr.../prod_FL25.asp

25cc weed eater twist n edge.

Here's a actual pic of my problem.
The line on the bottom is the small line and the leak is occurring because a good seal isn't being made

http://home.mn.rr.com/dtro/weedeater.jpg

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-23-03, 08:40 PM   #4  
If it is leaking where the line fits through the hole, then it can be only 2 things: Either the outside diameter of the fuel line is not the right size (there are a few sizes, and if it isn't really tight, then it is probably too small), or the tank hole is distorted.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread