Fuel Line Question

Old 08-22-03, 05:58 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
weed trimmer gas line problem

Weed trimmer wouldn't start. Checked fuel lines and found one broke. Here's my problem. There are two lines. One smaller one and one big one. They run between a primer. The tank has two holes (small and big). I bought a new pick up line but am confused how to put back together. I found one nipple that fits the large line at the tank large hole. Is there supposed to be another one for the smaller pick up line. Right now I have it running direct from filter/pickup through small hole in tank to primer/carb. I am having a gas leak at the small hole (doesn't have nipple).
Hope someone can help weeds are getting out of hand.

Last edited by dtro; 08-23-03 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-22-03, 07:28 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: dtro. Welcome to the Small Engine forum.

Your question can best be answered if the question contained a specific brand name, model number and year, if known. In order to help you with more professional advice, help us to help you.

Post a reply with the specific information and the pros in the forum will provide you with the help needed.

Old 08-23-03, 06:51 AM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Here's my trimmer.

http://www.weedeater.com/products/tr.../prod_FL25.asp

25cc weed eater twist n edge.

Here's a actual pic of my problem.
The line on the bottom is the small line and the leak is occurring because a good seal isn't being made

http://home.mn.rr.com/dtro/weedeater.jpg

Old 08-23-03, 08:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
If it is leaking where the line fits through the hole, then it can be only 2 things: Either the outside diameter of the fuel line is not the right size (there are a few sizes, and if it isn't really tight, then it is probably too small), or the tank hole is distorted.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: