Hydrostatic Question

Old 08-26-03, 03:27 PM
wallyk
Visiting Guest
How do I adjust lever on hydrostatic?

The drive lever that moves the it forward does not go forward all the way and it's very hard to push it down and the tractor won't get up to full speed now. I also have to hold the lever down so that I can get a bit more speed out of it. The reverse works ok..I'm guessing that the lever needs adjusting so I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to do that.

I have a JD 116 Hydrostatic drive. I changed the transmission oil on it and during this time I might have inadvertenly pulled the forward / reverse lever out of whack before I put oil back in transmission. thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-03, 11:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello wallyk!

Generally, you can look at the lever down closer to the tranny and see the rod(s) it connects to. That rod should have either an adjustable ball joint or a slotted hole and bolt for adjustment. Take a look at the moving parts and it should be easy to see. Maybe someone here can give you more specific advise?...

Hope that helps...If you have trouble, tell me what you see under there and I'll try to help you get it right.