winco hp4500 generator no spark

Old 09-01-03, 05:23 PM
billham
Visiting Guest
winco hp4500 generator no spark

I just found myself in possesion of the above generator. the problem is I do not have any spark. I have checked the kill switch and it seems to be ok. The coil has been replaced (not by myself so I still have to check it.) Since I am no wizard with small engines I coiuld use some help. Also Does anyone know winco's website. Thanks for any assistance

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-03, 09:01 PM
Place the spark plug wire really close to the metal on the block and turn the engine over, if you still don't have spark then remove the wire coming from the kill switch going to the coil and try again. If you have spark then it's the kill wire, if you don't have spark then it's the coil. Another possibility could be excessive rust on the flywheel.

Old 09-01-03, 09:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Billham!

What make and model engine does this generator have? How old is it? (It may have points).

Old 09-02-03, 03:08 PM
billham
Visiting Guest
I have checked and the rating plate is missing off the motor so I have emailed the manufacturer for that info. I am waiting for a reply. I have checked the kill switch and it checks out. I will check the coil in the next couple of days and also for rust on the flywheel. I will let you know what I find out.

Old 09-02-03, 06:16 PM
billham
Visiting Guest
I have found the problem. It was the kill wire from ther coil. I removed and voila got spark. Still have to adjust the carb but I should be able to get adjustment info from B and S. Thanks for you help.

Old 09-02-03, 07:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad you got it going!

Let us know if we can help with the carb adjustments!

Old 09-04-03, 06:18 PM
billham
Visiting Guest
thanks for all the help. Generator is up and running. Checked the voltages and it all checks out. Can someone out there tell me what causes a generator to hunt,(rpm wise) under a load (500w load)

Search this Thread