Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

engin running problem

TX

09-08-03, 02:41 PM   #1  
engin running problem

Hello, currently using about 85 model snapper with 6hp tec. motor. Been running fine and the other day i started it after about a month of setting up and it was kinda running rough.
pulled the plug and it was black, but also old. bought a new plug and still seemed to run rough. pulled the new plug and it to had a burned look to it.. any help would be appreciated. if you need more info i can get that to. thanks

Sponsored Links

09-09-03, 03:48 PM   #2  
Burned look is normal. The rough running problem is probably do to the carb. There should be two screws on the carb. While engine running, turn those screws till the engine runs right. You may need to go clockwise or counter clockwise with them

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-10-03, 09:06 PM   #3  
Hello mr.blue!

Remove the screw that holds the bowl on the carburetor. Pull the bowl off and clean it out well, then look at the screw. It should have some small holes in the sides of it. Make sure they are clear. Reassemble. If there are adjustment screws (one on the bottom, and one on the side of the carb), I would leave them alone since it was running well before. If the engine doesn't run well after cleaning the carb, then adjustment may be necessary.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

09-11-03, 10:49 AM   #4  
thanks for the help, will try once the rain lets up,,

TX

09-16-03, 06:19 AM   #5  
check this also

I found a plugged air filter will make it run rich and very bad.Clean or replace it.

Search this Thread