Need A Manual

Old 09-10-03, 06:03 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Need A Manual

I have a Murray rear engine 8HP electric start riding mower with a 30 inch cutting width. By looking at it I think it may be 8 to 10 years old. I don't have a model number. It is missing. No where to be found. The mower runs fine. Its just that I want to get a manual for it. Incase a problem arises with it sometime in the future that has nothing to do with the engine. I would like it if someone who has knoledge on finding manuals without model numbers to reply to this.

Old 09-10-03, 08:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Hello Terminator20!

This is a model# off of a 1995 30" rear-engine murray rider like yours, but 10hp: 30550E. This rider has a 10hp engine, but the rest of the mower should be the same. Murray also has a toll free# 1-800-251-8007. You can call them if you like and ask for assistance if needed.

Hope that helps!

Old 09-10-03, 10:13 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Murray is pretty good once you drill down to the people that know the product.

Speak to David Wilson in Technical Services at the # Cheese provided. He helped me with my old Craftsman (1965 and 1979) snowblowers and they found me the EXACT manuals for them AND sent them at no charge.

You will have to help them identify it though.

Good luck.

Old 09-11-03, 01:10 AM
Thanks guys the info you both provided will help me. Because tomarow I will call that number that cheese provided, and ask for the person that Joe_F provided.

Old 09-12-03, 10:59 AM
When I called Murray, they said they needed the model number before they could do anything and she never mentioned anything about a free manual either. She said the words,
SELL YOU A MANUAL. Can your guys help me out with this?

B&S 8HP Electric Start Engine
Model 190707 Type 6003 01 Code 88013010

It is a rear engine riding mower with a 30" cutting width. The mower and engine should be 15 years old. Thats all I can give you.

Old 09-12-03, 01:00 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
MAKE SURE you ask for Technical Services. As I said, there are some stooges over there, the trick is to get to the right person!

Tell them the approximate vintage and style and tell them the problem asking if they can help. Your engine was made on 01/13/88 so you are looking for one of their 1988 or 1989 models.

Homelite told me "fat chance" of finding the manual for my power washer you see in my post "What should I pay".

I told the guy, "Listen. How many 1200 psi, 3HP B&S powered power washers did you have in 1990, since I know the engine was made then due to the code stamped on it?"

Two seconds later, he got me a UT spec # (what Homelite goes by) and a model #. Transferred me to customer service and the lady found the manual and parts list in a jiffy. On the way.

Help them help you a little and you'll get your manual. If you want an engine manual and parts list, Briggs and Stratton will help with that, www.briggsandstratton.com

You should be able to download it from their site, if not they should mail one N/C if you persist.

Good luck and let us know.

Old 09-12-03, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the extra information. I am curious to what method you used to look up my engine model? If it is something that has to do with the internet than I am interested in doing that too. I like to look things up because it fun and it gives something to do and gives me information.

Old 09-12-03, 11:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
The year of the engine is determined by the code on the engine. Your code is 88013010. This means 88 is the year, 01 is the month, and 30 is the day of the month that it was made.

Did you see that I gave you a model# in my previous post?

Old 09-13-03, 12:04 AM
Yes. But when I tried to look it up for a manual on the Murray website, it did not come up with anything.

Old 09-13-03, 01:55 AM
C
Model # Info

Model # 190707.

19 - Cubic Inch Displacement (C.I.D.)

0 - Basic Design Series

7 - Vertical Crankshaft / Flo-Jet Carburetor

0 - Plain Bearing

7 - 12 Volt Gear Drive / Electric Starter with Alternator

Alot of useful info can be obtained through the model and code #'s for the engine. Take care.

Old 09-13-03, 06:03 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
T-20:

As I noted in a prior post, Briggs and Stratton's website should have information on your engine. You can usually download the owner's and parts manual for the machine from there by following the steps they have on their website.

Basically you register on the site, enter your information and it will search for available information on that engine. I have all of my B&S equipped equipment registered with them. It's pretty neat because when you e-mail them, it should take the previously entered information and send it to the B&S techs. Then they know which engine you are talking about.

As I noted, be persistent with Murray and you'll get your manual.

Case in point: I just bought a Craftsman saw (Ryobi made these) from someone.I wanted an owner's manual.

I called Ryobi customer service, 'Sorry, sir that is too old. No manual for that".

I called back and got tech service, "Hello sir, I have found your manual here. I need to copy it off and send it out. Just a few days".

This same woman helped me with a Sears Industrial drill I bought last week, so I took the time to e-mail her supervisor to let him know how diligent this woman was. Turns out my saw is from 1987 and she REALLY had to dig to find the manual.

That's customer service. You have to knock down the door and and it will open up .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: