Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Riding Lawnmower problem

Visiting Guest

09-10-03, 07:47 AM   #1  
Riding Lawnmower problem

I have a 4 year old 14.5Hp Craftman (Sears) RLM. Last week when I stopped to fill gas in the mower something happened. The engine starts and runs fine but the mower does not move upon engaging the gear. I looked under it and one of the belts looks like it has come off it's pully. How can I take off the deck so that I can access the belt/pully area? Is there another way to put back the belt on the pully. I don't want to pay Sears $65 !!! to come and put on a belt.
Please help.

Regards.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-10-03, 09:02 PM   #2  
Hello Avatar!

You really don't have to remove the deck to do this, but it might make it easier for you if you have a hard time seeing and reaching under the mower. Best thing, I think, would be to lie on your side and look under the mower. You will see where the belt came off, and what pulley it came off of. Just slip the belt back on, or if it looks bad, replace it. Look in your owners' manual to see how the belt is routed. If you don't have an owners' manual, go to www.sears.com/partsdirect and type in the model # found on a sticker under the seat near the battery box (begins with 917.) and punch it in the website for a view of the belts and components.

Let us know how it goes!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread