Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

air compressor throttle

Visiting Guest

09-15-03, 05:40 PM   #1  
MikeD
air compressor throttle

i have a Emglo compressor powered by a Honda 5.5 HP GX160....the problem is the engine won't throttle up as the pressure decreases....replaced pilot valve and relief...no change in operation....if someone is familiar with this problem or can direct me to information on air compressor operation it would be deeply appreciated....thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-15-03, 10:10 PM   #2  
Hello MikeD!

Sounds like you and I have the same compressor! I keep mine on my service trailer. Look at the throttle on the engine. There is a 10mm nut on the pivot point of the throttle control...kind of underneath the air cleaner, and between it and the gas tank. Make sure the throttle will pivot back and forth. If the 10mm nut is too tight, it wont idle up, and if the phillips idle stop screw is adjusted too far, it can't move. Also, make sure the throttle shaft in the carb is not stuck, and make sure you are getting air to the idle control valve attatched to the engine. You have one heck of a good compressor there. I have used and abused mine for years, and have no complaints.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread