carb adjustments

Old 09-27-03, 11:45 AM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
carb adjustments

I have a 8hp briggs horizonal engine model# 190412 type 3152 and code 90050312 need to know what the adjustments for the carb are one screw is on the side of the carband the other is down below it looks like maybe on the bowl i'm fixing to rebuild the carb it's leaking gas thanks for any help.

Old 09-28-03, 12:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Hello sniper!

Ok, now I see that you have 2 posts related to the same engine, right? The gas leaking wasn't mentioned in the post about the cord jerking back, so I didn't consider it as a cause, but now I see what is happening. The gas from the carb is leaking into the combustion chamber and creating high compression (gas does not compress). So disregard the flywheel key suggestion I mentioned in the other post.

The screw on the side is the low speed mixture screw. Turn it in until lightly seated, then back it out 1 1/2 to 2 turns. Run the engine at full throttle to set the other screw (high speed mixture). While running, screw it in until the engine begins to sputter/surge/die out. Then back it out again until it begins to do the same, counting the # of turns as you do it. Then turn it back in half that # of turns.

Old 09-28-03, 07:37 AM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
carb adjustments

Thanks cheese for your help maybe when i get the carb rebuild maybe that will save me some broke fingers i took the head gasket off to just see if maybe a valve was stuck but there not but there are 2 holes kinda angled from the vavles what are these for?

Old 09-28-03, 11:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
2 holes angled from the valves?? in the head, in the block? If you mean the holes you can see when you remove the valve cover, these holes are for valve stem oiling.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: